CMS Announces New WCMSAP User Guide And Review Contractor
Recently, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) updated their Workers’ Comp Medicare Set-Aside Portal (WCMSAP) User Guide to improve services and increase security. As part of CMS’s ongoing upgrade of their Enterprise Portal, the new User Guide describes several important new initiatives. Additionally, a new MSA review contractor commenced work 9/1/17.
According to CMS, the following updates have been made in Version 5.1 of the Workers’ Compensation Medicare Set-Aside Portal (WCMSAP) User Guide including:
- Allowing users easier access to the WCMSAP workers’ compensation cases
- Better security required by the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA) of 2015, with all Health Insurance Claim Number (HICN) fields being renamed as “Medicare ID”
- Complying with security and privacy federal controls regarding the use of social media and networking sites
- An expansion of the case re-review process to accommodate situations where projected care for a case has changed so much that the new proposed settlement amount differs from the Medicare approved amount by 10% or $10,000 (whichever is greater)
- Accommodations to submitters who want to add documentation to a case that has been closed for more than a year, with additional requirements for the full resubmission of the case and associated documentation.
For more information about the updated User Guide, please click here >>
Additionally, CMS announced a new WCMSA review contractor, Capitol Bridge, LLC of Arlington, Virginia, commencing September 1, 2017. For the details of the notice, please click here >>